Hommage à trois compositeurs français du XXè siècle
|Authors :||Daniel-Lesur, Journeau, Petit|
|Title :||"Hommage à 3 compositeurs du XXème siècle"|
|Interpreters :||Quatuor de Chartres|
|Running time :||46'00"|
|Produced by :||REM n°31 13 35 XCD (2000)|
|Distributed by :||
available at the following address :
|Booklet :||8 pages. French by Pierrette Germain. English translation: B. Waterhouse|
- "Répertoire" n°143 (February 2001) - a criticism by Jacques BONNAURE (p.71)
- "La Jaune et la Rouge" - February 2001 - "discographie" - an article by Jean SALMONA (p.59)
- "Le monde de la musique" - n°252 (March 2001) - a criticism by Jean ROY (p.97)
- "Diapason" (April 2001) - a criticism by Jean-Yves BRAS (p.120)
- "ConcertoNet.com", the Classical Music Network (30/05/2001), an article by Philippe HERLIN
The string quartet was composed in Nice and ended by the author as he was twenty-eight years old (opus 11, 1927).
Yet Journeau always considered this work as one most characteristic sample of his personal way of writing.
Published by "Editions Combre" in Paris, the work mingles lively youthfulness and passionate accents; attention must be drawn to a beautiful slow movement which always appeals to the heart of the audience.